Tuesday, January 16, 2007
- Name: Kaj Kandler
- Location: Melrose, Massachusetts, United States
I'm passionate about software, not because it is so much fun to create it, but because it enables users to do so much. However, most non technical users do not use their software to the extend they could. One major reason is that they are frustrated with the documentation, help and support. They say "I don't find what I'm looking for!" and "The documentation seems to be written in a foreign language". I try to do something about this. Read my blog and visit my Plan-B for OpenOffice.org service to find out, how I solve these issues.
- OpenOffice.org releases 2.1.0, includes presentati...
- Drawing Shapes for OpenOffice.org
- Office collaboration server O3Spaces
- Plan-B for OpenOffice.org - support for non-techni...
- IDC, launches OpenOffice.org survey
- And the Winner is - OpenOffice.org
- Writing sheet music with OpenOffice.org
- All or Nothing with Vista?
- OpenOffice.org in Colleges and Universities
- OpenOffice.org 2.0.4 released